My Favorite Chicken Recipe
(fat shredder, grain-free, from the P90X2 food guide)
• 6 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
• ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
• 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
• ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1 Tbsp Olive oil
• 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
• 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
• ½ tsp chopped fresh thyme
• 1 tsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
• 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
-For salsa, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
-For chicken breast, combine all ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Shake to distribute well, seal and marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
-Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
-place chicken in glass baking dish. Cover with foil and place in oven for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
-Serve with salsa on top; garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love to connect with people, so please comment and email me and talk with me about anything I have written that might have spoken to you!